- This event has passed.
Toronto Comedy Fund
December 31, 2022 @ 11:30 pm – 11:59 pm
We’re happy to announce a brand new (hopefully annual) grant for Toronto area comedians, funded from a percentage of our monthly shows in the city during this calendar year.
This grant will be disbursed to one (1) standup comedian (or tour group) in the GTA towards a comedy project, covering some or all of the associated costs. Money is often the biggest hurdle to taking the next step so hopefully this can propel someone forward in their career.
HOW TO APPLY
- Be a Greater Toronto Area standup comedian or tour group of standup comedians
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A 8 – 15 min video of your best set (unless we’ve worked together frequently)
- Your comedy resume: how many years, notable credits, shows you produce, your social media presence if substantial, etc (unless we’ve worked together frequently)
- Your Project – for example you want to go on tour, create a digital series, record an album, produce a big show, etc.
Whatever your Project may be, please outline your specific plans. For example:
- For a digital series include the concept, writing samples / scripts, equipment costs, etc. Pilot script required.
- For a tour: where, when, with whom (if group) theme (if any) etc.
- To produce a show – venue, theme (if any), desired lineup, etc
- For projects we’re not creative enough to imagine: the more detail the better
DEADLINE: Dec 31 2022 11:59pm
The recipient will be chosen in the first week of January 2023.
To be clear, the recipient(s) are not getting $1000 cash. The project will be subsidized for $1000 through direct billing/invoicing.